Pope Innocent XI
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Papacy began||21 September 1676|
|Papacy ended||12 August 1689|
|Predecessor||Pope Clement X|
|Successor||Pope Alexander VIII|
|Birth name||Benedetto Odescalchi|
May 16, 1611|
|Died||August 12, 1689
|Other Popes named Innocent|
Early life[change | change source]
Cardinal[change | change source]
Bishop[change | change source]
Pope[change | change source]
Cardinal Odescalchi was elected pope on 21 September 1676; and he chose to be called Innocent XI.
After his death[change | change source]
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2011-12-1.
- "Blessed Pope Innocent XI", Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-12-1.
- Chisholm, Hugh (1910). The Encyclopedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information. Encyclopedia Britannica Company. p. 582.
- The Penny Cyclopædia of the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. C. Knight. 1838. p. 481.
- Smithies, Michael and Luigi Bressan. (2001). Siam and the Vatican in the Seventeenth Century, p. 98.
- "Blessed Pope Innocent XI," Catholic News Agency ; retrieved 2011-12-2.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Innocentius XI at Wikimedia Commons
- "Pope Innocent XI". Catholic Encyclopedia. New York: Robert Appleton Company. 1913.
- Catholic Hierarchy, Pope Innocent XI
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, Cardinal Odescalchi
- Video footage showing the beatification of Pope Innocent XI