Pope Innocent IX
|Papacy began||29 October 1591|
|Papacy ended||30 December 1591|
|Predecessor||Pope Gregory XIV|
|Successor||Pope Clement VIII|
|Birth name||Giovanni Antonio Facchinetti|
|Born||20 July 1519|
|Died||30 December 1591 (aged 72)|
|Other Popes named Innocent|
Pope Innocent IX (Latin: Innocentius Nonus; 20 July 1519 – 30 December 1591), born Giovanni Antonio Facchinetti, was an Italian cleric of the Roman Catholic Church and the 231st Pope from 29 October 1591 to his death on 30 December of the same year.
Early life[change | change source]
Bishop[change | change source]
Cardinal[change | change source]
Pope[change | change source]
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2011-12-1.
- "Pope Innocent IX", Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-12-1.
- Chisholm, Hugh (1910). The Encyclopedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information. Encyclopedia Britannica Company. p. 582.
- The Penny Cyclopædia of the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. C. Knight. 1838. p. 480.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Innocentius IX at Wikimedia Commons
- Catholic Encyclopedia. New York: Robert Appleton Company. 1913. .
- Catholic Hierarchy, Pope Innocent IX
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, Cardinal Facchinetti