Pope Anastasius IV
|Papacy began||9 July 1153|
|Papacy ended||3 December 1154|
|Birth name||Corrado Demetri della Suburra|
|Died||3 December 1154
|Other Popes named Anastasius|
Pope Anastasius IV (Latin: Anastasius Quartus; c.1073–3 December 1154), born Corrado di Suburra, was an Italian cleric of the Roman Catholic Church. He was the 169th Pope from 1153 until his death in 1154.
Early life[change | change source]
Cardinal[change | change source]
In 1127, della Suburra was made cardinal-bishop of Sabina.
Pope[change | change source]
The pope died on 3 December 1154.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Some sources give his name as Corrado Demetri della Suburra
- "Anastasius IV," Encyclopedia Britannica (2012); retrieved 2012-8-27.
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2012-8-27.
- "Pope Anastasius IV", Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-8-27.
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church], Corrado di Suburra; retrieved 2012-8-27.
- "Anastasius," Encyclopedia Britannica (1911); retrieved 2012-8-27.
- Bunson, Matthew. (2004). OSV's Encyclopedia of Catholic History, pp. 74-75.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Anastasius IV at Wikimedia Commons
- "Pope Anastasius IV". Catholic Encyclopedia. New York: Robert Appleton Company. 1913.
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, Corrado di Suburra