Kannin (寛仁) was a Japanese era name (年号,, nengō,, lit. "year name") after Chōwa and before Jian. This period spanned the years from April 1017 through February 1021. The reigning emperor was Go-Ichijō-tennō (後一条天皇).
Events of the Kannin era[change | change source]
- 5 June 1017 (Kannin 1, 9th day of the 5th month): Former-Emperor Sanjō died at the age of 42.
- 22 January 1018 (Kannin 2, 3rd day of the 1st month): The emperor celebrated his coming-of-age ceremony.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Kannin" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 474.
- Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du Japon, pp. 156-158; Brown, Delmer et al. (1979). Gukanshō, pp. 307-310; Varley, H. Paul. (1980). Jinnō Shōtōki. p. 195-196.
- Brown, p. 310; Imperial Household Agency (Kunaichō), 三条天皇 (67); retrieved 2012-5-22.
- Titsingh, p. 157.
Other websites[change | change source]
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
Era or nengō: