|COVID-19 pandemic in Albania|
|First outbreak||Wuhan, Hubei, China|
|Arrival date||8 March 2020|
(3 years, 6 months, 1 week and 3 days)
Cases[change | change source]
On 10 March, President Ilir Meta called for retired Albanian doctors to re-enter the work force. Later that day, it was discovered that a Maryland woman had contracted novel coronavirus after visiting Albania, as well as spending time in a Turkish airport.
Response[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Ritchie, Hannah; Mathieu, Edouard; Rodés-Guirao, Lucas; Appel, Cameron; Giattino, Charlie; Ortiz-Ospina, Esteban; Hasell, Joe; Macdonald, Bobbie; Beltekian, Diana; Dattani, Saloni; Roser, Max (2020–2023). "Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19)". Our World in Data. Retrieved 2023-09-02.
- "Ministria e Shëndetësisë dhe Mbrojtjes Sociale". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- "COVID-19/ Ministria e Shëndetësisë: Në 24 orët e fundit, 4 raste të reja në Tiranë dhe Berat". www.shendetesia.gov.al (in Albanian). 13 May 2020.[permanent dead link]
- "Informacion i përditësuar për Koronavirusin COVID_19". www.shendetesia.gov.al (in Albanian). 9 March 2020. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- "President Calls for Retired Doctors' Involvement in Fighting Coronavirus". Albanian Daily News. March 10, 2020.
- "Maryland woman who contracted novel coronavirus visited Albania, not Turkey, embassy says". Baltimore Sun. March 10, 2020.
- "Informacion i përditësuar për Koronavirusin COVID_19". www.shendetesia.gov.al (in Albanian). 11 March 2020. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- Gjergj Erebara (March 12, 2020). "Albania Announces New "War" Measures Against Coronavirus". Balkan Insight.